Holiday Reading Wrap Up!

by - Thursday, January 05, 2017

Holiday Reading Wrap Up! | sprinkledpages

Hey lovelies!

So if you’ve been keeping up with my previous wrap ups which are the October and November wrap up, you’ll know I was on holiday during the last week of November and the entire of December of 2016!

I knew I was going to have a lot of spare time during this trip so I took A LOT of books with me to read during this period of time! And I am pretty happy with how much I read!

Let’s get started because I don’t want to waste time in the intro!


{ DIVERSITY DECEMBER BINGO READATHON BOOKS }

If you’ve been reading my previous blog posts, you’ll know how much I’ve been talking about this readathon! I did two blog posts on this already – information + my tbr where I talked about what this readathon was and the aims of it and a wrap up where I talked about what I thought of these books specifically.

To avoid being repetitive, you can read more details on those books there! However, here is a brief list of the books I did read for this diversity promoting readathon!
  • If I Was Your Girl
  • The Sun Is Also A Star (I do have a no spoiler book review for this which you may wish to read!)
  • Tiny Pretty Things
  • The Song Of Achilles
  • Of Fire And Stars
  • The Forbidden Wish
  • Not If I See You First
  • Salt To The Sea


{ ARCs + BOOKS FOR REVIEW}

I wasn’t able to take physical review copies of books that I had received so I took ebook copies of a few review copies and mostly ARCs.
The Sun Is Also A Star | sprinkledpages

I took a lot more with me but I didn't end up reading them when I was away so I shall hopefully be reading them soon! 


{ PERSONAL READING }

This is the reading I CHOSE to do without any other obligations involved!

Ruined by Amy Tintera

So I saw this book all over Instagram and finally decided to give it a try when I found it in my ebook service of my library. I had heard some mixed things about it and although it sounded interesting, I wasn’t SUPER excited to read it!

However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that I did really enjoy! It was quite entertaining! I liked the characters and the romance and the plot was easy to understand and get into. I am very excited for the next book, coming out this year!

Starbound trilogy by Megan Spooner and Amie Kaufman

So I am going to be doing a whole series review on this one, coming up very soon, so stay tuned for that for more thoughts! In the meantime though, you can always check out my Goodreads review for brief thoughts of mine!


Siege And Storm and Ruin And Rising by Leigh Bardugo

I have a no spoiler review for the entire trilogy going up soon so keep an eye out for that! Until then, you may want to read my Goodreads review for brief thoughts of these books! (Please note that I did not read Shadow And Bone while on holiday but thought to include the review just in case you wanted to read it!)


Furthermore by Tahereh Mafi

While I thought this was a beautiful book, it wasn’t as interesting as I hoped it would be and some parts got boring and childish, which is understandable as it is a middle grade novel intended for a younger audience. That being said, the characters were adorable and the world building and imagination put into the book is absolutely mind blowing!

Billy And Me by Giovanna Fletcher

This was a cute and enjoyable story and while I was very captivated while reading, it didn’t stick around in my mind after, unfortunately. That being said, it is the perfect fluffy and cute contemporary to sink your teeth into, especially for the summer! The characters are adorable and the plot is actually quite interesting, which always seems to be a rarity in contemporaries.

The Devil You Know by Trish Doller

I was originally really into this book. It was mysterious and intriguing and I kept guessing what the conclusion would be…only to find that I was right. I love books that keep me guessing and then prove me wrong and I feel this was just too easy and the plot wasn’t as intricately laid out as it could have been. The disappointing ending left me with meh feelings about the whole book.


And that is it! I really enjoyed the variety of books I read! I read 16 books, which I am very happy with seeing that I was quite busy! I read some super awesome books this month, which was a change from the previous month where I felt quite let down so this makes me very happy!

To keep up with what I'm currently reading and to be in the know of my thoughts of a book even BEFORE I blog about it, make sure to follow me on Goodreads!

How was your reading month?

You May Also Like

3 happy thoughts

  1. That's a lot of books! I'm glad you found so many you liked. I've heard good things about Ruined, so it's on my TBR. I also read These Broken Stars and Shadow and Bone, and I liked them both, but haven't continued on with either series yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defs continue with the Shadow And Bone series! It's one of my favourites! And yes Ruined is AWESOME!

      Delete
  2. I read 15 books in December, I had a lot of spare time. Have you read a Study in Charlotte? With the sequel being released tomorrow (Valentines Day), definitely read it if you haven't already!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment below! And feel free to leave your website URL so I can come visit!