Hey there! Since all I’ve been doing these days is book reviews, I thought I’d do something different and share a bunch of bookish facts about me because I don’t think I’ve really ever introduced myself on this blog anyway! Let’s do it.
- I’ve been reading since I was a child. When I was younger, my mum would read to me and after I learnt how to read by myself, I did. All day, every day.
- I am more of a borrower than a book buyer. I think libraries are such awesome resources to get books from and a lot more environmentally friendly too. I love using my local library service and it saves me a lot of shelf space at home, which is always a plus.
- I have been said to read pretty fast. I’m not sure if this is true but since I do read a lot, I assume so, which is awesome for me because it means I can get through more books
- I had a really big reading slump as soon as I got into high school because suddenly, it became ‘uncool’ and I got my hands on devices and got social media and started watching more TV than reading (which I totally regret now because reading is absolutely amazing and essential)
- The reason I started reading again this year was because I made a Goodreads goal for myself to read 50 books, which I was doubtful that I’d achieve. I am happy to say that not only have I achieved my goal, I have surpassed it and my grand total so far is 70 books.
- I usually like to read before bed because it’s relaxing. I also read in the train and if I have extra time in my day, I will read but it’s pretty rare with school and blogging that I have a whole lot of time left.
- I have never listened to an audio book in my entire life. I might start soon but I quite like actually reading and I’m scared that if I start listening to audio books that I won’t be able to get back into reading
- My favourite thing about reading is how I get to escape into another world, get to live through another person’s life, get to go on adventures and fall in love and make mistakes and learn lessons through another person’s life. It makes my life a little more interesting.
- The moment I finish a book, I have to write a review on it while the thoughts are still fresh in my brain otherwise I know I’ll forget and won’t be able to give an authentic review
- Reading is such a big part of my life that I once tried to leave behind and failed (and regretted doing). It has shaped the person I am today and will continue to shape me. If you are not a reader, or like me, have stopped reading, start. Because reading is absolutely amazing and essential and you will 100% not regret it.
I hope these facts tell you a little about me. I want to know a little about you too so leave me some facts about yourself below. They can be bookish facts but they don’t have to be.
Until next time!