Renegades No Spoiler Book Review! Spoiler: I Didn't Like It!

by - Saturday, October 28, 2017

Renegades Book Review | sprinkledpages

Hey friends!

Today I'm going to be sharing with you a no spoiler book review for Renegades by Marissa Meyer! Marissay Meyer is also the author of The Lunar Chronicles and Heartless (read more: Heartless no spoiler book review) and I've read all of her work except for the novellas and short stories.

I was quite excited to read her new book because I know she had the potential to do an amazing job and books about superheroes get me SO excited but as you can tell by the title, I wasn't a fan of this one.

About the book. 

Book: Renegades
Series: Renegades #1
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Pan Macmillan Australia
Pages: 576

Publication date: November 2017
Synopsis: Secret Identities. Extraordinary Powers. She wants vengeance. He wants justice.

The Renegades are a syndicate of prodigies—humans with extraordinary abilities—who emerged from the ruins of a crumbled society and established peace and order where chaos reigned. As champions of justice, they remain a symbol of hope and courage to everyone...except the villains they once overthrew.

Nova has a reason to hate the Renegades, and she is on a mission for vengeance. As she gets closer to her target, she meets Adrian, a Renegade boy who believes in justice—and in Nova. But Nova's allegiance is to a villain who has the power to end them both.
(source)

Genres: Superhero, Futuristic
Recommended for: Anyone 13+

I was provided a copy for review by Pan Macmillan however all thoughts and opinions are my own and this is an honest review. 


I talk more about that in my video which you can check out below or on YouTube if you'd like! And it'd be great if you could like and subscribe while you were there, it would be highly appreciated!


Have you read any Marissa Meyer books? What did you think of them?

You May Also Like

5 happy thoughts

  1. Oh no! This is one of my most anticipated books so I am so sad to hear you were so disappointed. :( I'm still definitely going to read it but I think I'll have to adjust my expectations a little. Thanks for sharing and, as always, fabulous review! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noooo this is the book that is supposed to make me like Meyer's books. I didn't like Cinder so I didn't continue that series. I heard bad things about Heartless so I didn't read it though I have it now as an audiobook but this one sounded perfect for me. I'll probably still try it anyway.

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, no! I'm so sorry you didn't love this one, Anisha. I ended up really liking it but do agree with some the points you made as you brought them up. The emotional investment was missing for me, too, and the length did feel a bit painful at times.

    I ended up giving it four stars, though, because I liked the premise, loved that there was no romance, that it was diverse, and I thought that Adrian was adorable. I wasn't too fussed on Nova as a character, but I'm really hoping for some growth on her part in book two!

    I hope you like the sequel if you decide to read it, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. get your dystopian book reviewed - About Us - Get your dystopian book reviewed at Dystopian-books.com, this website is the best platform for dystopian novel reviews. Visit for more info - Dystopian-books.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information. View this also - get your dystopian book reviewed

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment below! And feel free to leave your website URL so I can come visit!