November Wrap Up

by - Monday, December 12, 2016

November Wrap Up | sprinkledpages


Hey lovelies!

TODAY IT'S WRAP UP TIME! November was SUCH a crazy month for me, which you may have already known if you'd read my previous wrap up where I talked a little about why!

I did get reading done but it was probably my worst reading month overall with only 8 books! However, I'm not overly sad or worried because I know I'll be able to get a lot of reading done in December with my school holidays AND I was super busy in November so I'm proud to have even read that much!

This wrap up is going to be pretty brief but I do have detailed book reviews for some of the books I've read this month which you can check out!

{ READ }

The books marked with an asterix (*) have a no spoiler book review for them on my blog where I talk in detail about the idea, writing, plot, characters and more! 

The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater 

The Raven Cycle consists of four books - The Raven Boys, The Dream Thieves, Blue Lily Lily Blue and The Raven King! 

I have already read and reviewed The Raven Boys and the review for The Dream Thieves is on its way! Overall, I quite enjoyed this series because it was so mystical and atmospheric and it was impossible to not be drawn into the world of the raven boys and their crazy awesome adventures! 

It was so character driven and so intricately built and written. My only criticism for it is the lack of romance, but that is subjective because other people might not mind the lack of romance. I also found the ending left me with a lot of questions, which I didn't like as much because I feel like not everything was clarified! 

However, overall I did enjoy it (even though it was quite overhyped!)

Shadow And Bone by Leigh Bardugo 

So I FINALLY PICKED UP THE FIRST BOOK IN THE GRISHA VERSE! I am super glad to have picked it up after putting it off for so long because I really, really enjoyed it! I loved the characters and the mystery and the whole world, even though it was slightly confusing at first! 

I have yet to read the other two books in the Grisha trilogy - Siege And Storm and Ruin And Rising - but I am so excited to after the first book! 

I didn't go in with super high expectations for this after hearing Six Of Crows was the better one but I did really enjoy it! 

If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo 

I read this as part of my #diversitydecbingo (which I did a whole post on so you can find out more information about here!) because I started it a little early and IT WAS SO ENJOYABLE! 

I was drawn towards it after seeing it was a diverse book, and that it sounded interesting AND that Jennifer Niven (aka my favourite author!) had blurbed it AND Zoella had mentioned it in her book club!

{ BLOG }

The other posts that I have published on the blog! 

{ LIFE }

So if you'd read my previous wrap up, you'd know I had a pretty busy month! I don't want to get into details of what because it's long so you can read my previous wrap up to find out more but other than that, I am currently on holiday as I write this and it's not too bad so far! 

I've had fun although I am missing my bookshelf and bed and friends and wifi and all! 


How has your November been? What did you read? What did you do?

You May Also Like

6 happy thoughts

  1. Well done on reading 8 books though! For me, it doesn't matter how many books as long as I've enjoyed everything that I've done / read this month. It's the journey not experience! I love your photography as well, how do you make everything look so pretty?

    Fleur @ FranklyBooks just posted ASS KICKING & LOW RATINGS | SCARLETT EPSTEIN HATES IT HERE BY ANNA BRESLAW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I honestly feel like my photography just comes from my two true loves: books and food, which is basically what is above! And as for your advice on the number of books, SO TRUE! I 100% agree and see where you are coming from!

      Delete
  2. Glad you finally finished TRC and started the grisha trilogy! I actually kinda dissapointed with TRC ending, I mean I like open ending but it's just too open for me. I hope you'll enjoy the other books in the grisha trilogy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I FINISHED THE GRISHA TRILOGY AND OH MY GOD SO GOOD! I really enjoyed it and it is one of my favourite books ever! Really worth reading!

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had an awesome reading month. I need to read the rest of The Raven Cycle asap.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment below! And feel free to leave your website URL so I can come visit!