Kiss Cam No Spoiler Book Review

by - Monday, November 28, 2016

Kiss Cam No Spoiler Book Review | sprinkledpages

Hey lovelies!

Today I am doing a mini review for Kiss Cam by Kiara London! This isn’t going to be very long mainly because I don’t have a whole lot to actually say about this book but I still did want to review it!

Okay, firstly, if you didn’t know, Kiss Cam was published on Wattpad, an free online community where readers and writers can share their stories and read other people’s stories! I read Kiss Cam for the first time then and when I heard it was officially getting published, I had to read it!

And also, the cover is so GORGEOUS OMG! Books with pretty outsides just make me so happy because it makes the book so much more appealing!

About the book. 

Book: Kiss Cam
Author: Kiara London
Pages: 246
Publisher: Swoon Reads
Synopsis: Juniper, Jasper, and Lenny have been friends forever and co-own a vlog channel called WereVloggingHere. Their fans are huge "shippers" who believe that Juniper and Jasper are perfect for each other, and, despite warnings from friends and family, a simple Truth-or-Dare inspired kiss soon spirals out of control into a whole new world of making out and surprise kisses.
Juniper and Jasper's relationship begins to shift. But as fan requests for different "Kiss Cam" segments keep pouring in, Juniper puts her worries aside and convinces herself that it doesn't mean anything. After all, it's just kissing… right? (source)
Genre: Young Adult, Romance
Recommended for: Anyone 12+.

This book was sent to me from Pan Macmillan, however, all thoughts and opinions are my own and this is an honest review. 


My thoughts.


{ WHAT I LIKED: }
  • RELATABLE! I love books that are about the internet or social media or have them in it because as an internet kid, I really connect with the characters and the story! It just seems that extra bit more enjoyable to me because I feel myself becoming part of the situation
  • Interesting idea. So I thought this was a pretty unique idea and not one you tend to see very often! I love the idea of these characters ‘vlogging’ and bringing aspects of YouTube into the story was very cool!
  • Important themes! So this book explores themes such as boy-girl friendships and whether casual relationships actually work out or not. I personally didn’t find that a whole lot relatable but I can see how other people might!
  • Easy to read. I tend to enjoy books that are short and easy to read because it is less strenuous and more satisfactory towards the end! I feel like after having read some longer books lately, a short read is exactly what I needed!
  • Cute! So I liked how the romance in this was NOT instalove and based on solid friendship! And the romance was also pretty cute, like 94% of the time!
Kiss Cam No Spoiler Book Review | sprinkledpages


{ WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE: }
  • Not a mystery. It is really not hard to guess what is going to happen in the book and that is a little disappointing for me because I love an element of mystery or surprise in a book and this book DID NOT have it for me, unfortunately!
  • Quite dry in some places. There were some parts of the book that were quite slow and a little dull and I wanted to put it down which is NOT what should be happening!
  • The characters are quite bland. I feel the characters didn’t really bounce off the pages for me and that was quite disappointing! I wanted characters that were more fun and enjoyable to read from the perspective of!
  • Quite cliché. And the cliché wasn’t even well done that it could be passed off as enjoyable.
  • The idea wasn’t explored as well as it could be! I feel there could have been so much more that could be done with the book and it just wasn’t.
  • The book just wasn’t for me. I can’t exactly pin point it but this book didn’t have anything that made it stand out in my eyes.

And that’s it readers! While I did enjoy this book for the most part, I don't think it was for me, just because the characters were a little bland at times!

OVERALL BOOK RATING:


Have you read this book? What did you think? And do you read books on Wattpad or online somewhere? Let me know!

You May Also Like

4 happy thoughts

  1. I'm so sorry it didn't meet your expectations! Personally, I never expect much from contemporary. I only look for light read, good time, and fluff, and it seems like this book has all 3. I didn't really mind with predictable plot, but maybeeee a little bit about cliche. They're so annoying xD Anyways, I didn't know it was from a wattpad story? The only wattpad story I know is Saving Elliot and while I've saved it, I haven't read it at all :D Great review Anisha!

    Tasya // The Literary Huntress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMGGGG TASYA SAVING ELLIOT IS MY FAVOURITE OMG EXCUSE ME WHILE I GO JUMP IN JOY BECAUSE YAY WE BOTH LIKE THE SAME THING! I used to love contemporary but these days, I've begun to tire from it because the plot is always so predictable! Also, thank you so much! <3 You are the kindest!

      Delete
  2. This is such a great way to break down the book! It definitely sounds like it was adorable. but everything kind of sounds bland as a follow up. A shame to hear that! Thanks for sharing Anisha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Jeann! And yes, not the best but oh well, what can you do?

      Delete

Leave me a comment below! And feel free to leave your website URL so I can come visit!