Ruler Of The Books Tag

by - Thursday, August 25, 2016

Books | sprinkledpages

Me as the ruler of books, complete with my own flower crown!

The Ruler Of Books tag seemed like such a fun and exciting tag to do that I had to try it out! It is a fairly simple one where you answer set questions about being the ruler of books as the name suggests.

It was created by Ariel Bissett and although I have not been tagged, I thought it would be fun to try out! And I tag whoever is reading this. Ways you can do this tag are through a blog post, video, written below in the comments, any form of medium you would like, basically.

If you want to check out some of the other book tags I have done, they include the Aussie Book Tag, The Intimidating TBR tag and the Mid Year Book Freak Out Tag!


If you were the ruler of books...

Q1. What book would you make everyone read? 
A1. The book I would make everyone read is The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski. It's actually a trilogy but I know everyone will get so hooked by the first book that they would automatically read the second and the third book. Pretty good reasoning...am I right or am I right? My answer for this does change but for now, that would be my answer!

Q2. What would you abolish in book construction? 
A2. Bad spines. Oh my dear god! This is something that gets on my nerves so much. I hate paperbacks that you have to crack the spine to read because I like keeping my book in mint condition. The book I am holding above, Eleanor And Park, is so awesome because it's so floppy and to read it, you don't have to crack the spine at all. An example of a bad spine is the paperback version of All The Bright Places that is so stiff! It annoys me endlessly.

Q3. What author would you commission to write you a book? 
A3. I have two authors in mind for this question. Firstly, the author of The Winner's Curse, Marie Rutkoski, because she is such a beautiful writer and the way she writes and expresses herself is so amazing and poetic and brilliant and awe-inspiring. I love her endlessly. Another I would say is Rainbow Rowell because she has such a fun and quirky way of presenting her books. I love how endlessly creative and engaging she is as a writer. I have done a no spoiler book review for one of her books, Fangirl.

Q4. What book would you demote to the library basement to make room for new books? 
A4. At this stage, I'd have to say Throne Of Glass by Sarah J Maas (only the first book, the other books are good) and maybe Tonight The Streets Are Ours by Leila Sales. I have done a book review on Throne Of Glass, where I talk about in detail why I didn't enjoy it. As for Tonight The Streets Are Ours, I didn't get into it very much and found it to be a little boring.

Q5. What cover artist would you comission to make a mural? 
A5. I'd probably commission the creators of the covers for: A Court Of Thorns And Roses by Sarah J Maas, The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell and The Moonlight Dreamers by Siobhan Curham.

Q6. What characters faces would you put on a coin? 
A6. I have three sets of characters. Arin and Kestrel from The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski, Rhysand and Feyre from A Court Of Mist And Fury by Sarah J Maas and Cath and Levi from Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.

Q7. What book would you award the 'ruler of the boos' 2016 prize to? 
A7. I would normally say The Winner's Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski as I have the entire of this tag but to change things up a little and have more breadth, I'll say A Court Of Mist And Fury by Sarah J Maas.

Yay! That is my Ruler Of Books tag! I have kept it brief because I would hate to bore you. If you do the tag, do send me the link or tag me on Instagram or Twitter because I adore seeing other people's ressponses and seeing what some of their favourite books have been.

Until next time!

You May Also Like

0 happy thoughts