The Aussie Book Tag

by - Sunday, August 21, 2016

Books | sprinkledpages

Let me begin by saying that I promised myself not to write any more blog posts today cause I have so much homework I could literally be swimming it in but then I saw this on Head In Her Books (aka Jananee) blog I knew I had to do it because #patriotism!

I won’t go so far as to say I enjoy eating vegemite (I really don’t) or have a koala as a pet (I really, really don’t although I wish I would) but I am Australian, I love Australia and its really saddening to see how little Aussie YA there is!

And although this tag isn’t the cure to fixing the Aussie YA problem, I thought it would be fun to do! I tag anyone reading this to do it, if you’re Aussie. And if you’re not, do it anyway because it’s fun.
To make it extra hard for myself, I am not going to be repeating characters or books because I know I tend to do that and I want to talk about a variety of books!

And if you want to check out some of the other tags I have done on my blog, they are the Intimidating TBR tag and the Mid-Year Book FreakOut tag, both of which were lots of fun to do!


KOALA (A character you want to cuddle all day long)

This is so very hard because there are a thousand characters that sprint to my mind but I guess I’d have to say Rhysand from A Court Of MistAnd Fury by Sarah J Maas because he is the absolute cutest thing and I wish, wish, wish that he was real because he is some serious #boyfriendgoals *sighs*.

I have done a book review on A Court Of Mist And Fury which you can check out if you wish to where I discuss the characters, especially Rhys in more detail!

VEGEMITE (A book that you love that everyone else hates)

I am the kind of person that reads books that other people mostly enjoy but I have to say Halo by Frankie Rose for this one. I don’t think anyone hates it as such but not many people have read it which makes me very sad (yes, I have twisted the question a little bit, sorry). It’s only on e-book but the first one is free, so you can see if you enjoy it or not! (Trust me, you will, it’s beyond brilliant).
I have also done a book review for it, which you can check out for more information on the book.

SOCEROOS (Favourite fictional squad)

I’m going to say Emily and Sloane from Since You’ve Been Gone because their friendship is everything. I love how close they are, how they just get each other and how they’re always there for one another. I seriously wish I had my very own Sloane and that book is absolute brilliance!

I am going to do a book review on this one as I have recently read it so just keep your eyes peeled!

SOUTHERN CROSS (Most recent 5 star read)

I know I promised myself not to repeat books, but this question is pretty specific and my recent 5 star read has been A Court Of Mist And Fury by Sarah J Maas. Sorry! I know, I promised not to but whoops! Anyway, this book deserves every single one of its 5 star ratings. You can read more about why in my spoiler free book review.

NEDKELLY (A book that is really grim but an iconic must-read)

This one, hands down is 1984 by George Orwell. Earlier this year, I had to study it for English and I fell in love! It is an absolute ride because it’s so grim and smart and depicts such a scary world. It is a must read to learn about the manipulation of power and language. Anyone that has not read this one is seriously missing out!

GREAT BARRIER REEF (A book that had you gaping in awe)

Easy! The Winner’s Trilogy by Marie Rutkoski. I have talked about this extensively on my blog before such as in my Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag and so I won’t ramble too much but the writing and layering of the characters of this book had me breathless. It was so smart and well done that I was absolutely dead! I read it two months ago and I am still reeling from how brilliant it was.

PAVLOVA  (A light and fluffy book you couldn’t help but love)

For this one, I have two. One is easily EverythingEverything by Nicola Yoon for how fun and light and cute the book is. I have done a spoiler free book review on this one which you can check out for more details on it. Another one is Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell because it’s so sweet and romantic and adorable. I have also done a book review on this where I talk about it more in detail.

MILO (A genre/author you reach for to get you out of a reading slump)

First can I just say how much I love milo! (#milkbaby). And another is, I haven’t really been in a reading slump lately so I can’t really remember what books I’d reach out to. However I am a big fan of contemporary which is what I’d probably read because I find them quite relatable. An author I could reach out to is Sophie Kinsella because even though she is an adult author, she wrote a YA book called Finding Audrey which I absolutely adored for its simplicity and humour. I feel like her light and fun books are what probably likely to drag me out of a slump.


Woah, done! Like I said, if you’re reading this, participate in this tag because it’s loads of fun. I feel like I had a real variety of books in my responses which is awesome because it shares more of the books I love. The questions were also so creative and engaging and I think this has been one of my favourite tags to do so far!

Thanks for reading! 

You May Also Like

0 happy thoughts